Lexus 400 Phone

Ken10

The phone company needs the ECN (electronic serial number) on the trans-receiver for the phone to correct a problem I am having activating the phone.

Anyone know where the trans-receiver is mounted on a 1991 LS400? I have looked in the trunk and under the passenger seat, but it's not there.

• 1 year later...

Did you look on the phone itself? Its usually under the battery in the back of the phone.

Edit: Jeez...I did it again, looking at posts from a year ago...just browsing, and made a reply...

I hope you found it by now lol.

Not a problem -- I don't think.

I do it too. I just hate to see a problem unresolved. Heck, I do it so much that at one time I was thinking I would certainly get a cease and desist pm from the mods -- never happend though.

Anyway, I did not know they would still activate these phones.

I just put the phone back into my 91 -- for emergency calls, ONLY. I was on my way to work one AM and I saw a guy go off in the ditch. I called 911 on my not-in-car mobile and left it at that. A few weeks later, I get a bill on which they charged me nearly 2 bucks for that call -- I can't recall exactly how much, then it dawned on me that I should not have to pay to be a good semaritan... so I put the analog phone back into the vehicle.