Blinking O/d Off

snidehockey

I'm gonna go get the code tomorrow, but it started blinkin tonight when I was at a stop light (O/D off) The car drives fine...is there some chance that this isn't a serious problem? It's a 94 es with 130k and I had the tranny flushed roughly 15 or 16 k miles ago. I drive 25 miles on the interstate to work everyday...It's my only option car wise...Your thoughts?

Thanks

When it blinks there is a trouble code stored relating to the transmission control portion of the TCCU.

You should be able to get the code scanned with an OBD-II scanner.

You can also bridge E1 & TE1 in either diagnostic port & the O/D & CEL lights will flash codes (Numerically). & you can look it up yourself (or we could whatever)

Normally it's just something dumb like a speed sensor, or shift solenoid (If you're missing gears). Someone slightly mechanically inclined can change those on their own with a manual. (Or just someone patitent with tools), or pay someone honest to do it.

well, the light was blinking...no shifting problems or anything out of the ordinary. got home turned the car off for about 3 or 4 hours cause I really didn't feel like dealin with it after fightin with Orlando Christmas traffic. So I got back in turned it on and hhaven't seen the light since? I checked my fluid and its about half way between bright red and maroon, and is at the right level. Car drives great (cough cough even at 120+). So was this a fluke thing? is the code still there even though the indicator has stopped flashing? Thanks guys

It wouldn't be the light, or wiring for it. They flash @ regular intervals. If it were the wiring it would just come on & off randomly.

Most likely either a fluke thing - like a sensor getting splashed with water & shorting out until dry, or there's a problem starting to brew.