Gs300 Upgrades

As far as the stock 2JZ is capable of, I don't know anything about it. I am familiar with modding cars though, this is my 11th car, and not one of them were left stock.

I was just wondering if there was much tuning available on the stock ECU. For example, on my WRX, enigine management is a very strong 1st mod recommendation. And while on that note, how does the GS respond to piggyback units? Is it better to work with a stand-alone?

As of right now, Im fully stock, but I am working on a turbo. Just need to find out my options, and what is available.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know, no one has cracked the engine ECU and and created an aftermarket solution. There are some piggyback solutions which seems to work well but after long term driving, it seems like the OEM ECU adjusted to the change. There is a constant dance you have to do to keep these things tuned. Some have used standalones but these have all been custom setups.

I'm not trying to discourage you but just saying what you are up against. Don't get me wrong. There are a number of boosted NA 2JZ-GE cars out there. Just don't expect a plug and play solution. :)