Tune Up Price, What Do You Think?

Moony400

Hello All,

I'm ready to have my timing belt, water pump, tensioner, distributor cap and spark plug wires replaced. I called up Gregs Japanese auto and they quoted me at $1,500 plus tax. I called up the dealer (seattle), they quoted me at $1,620. What do you guys think? Reasonable price or am I getting slapped. Spark plug wires, I could probably do it myself, but the timing belt, water pump, tensioner and distributor cap are what I don't want to mess with. Just thought I ask for some opinions.

Thanks,

Moonysc400

Hello All,

I'm ready to have my timing belt, water pump, tensioner, distributor cap and spark plug wires replaced. I called up Gregs Japanese auto and they quoted me at $1,500 plus tax. I called up the dealer (seattle), they quoted me at $1,620. What do you guys think? Reasonable price or am I getting slapped. Spark plug wires, I could probably do it myself, but the timing belt, water pump, tensioner and distributor cap are what I don't want to mess with. Just thought I ask for some opinions.

Thanks,

Moonysc400

Three months ago, I did a full tune up, plus, also. All of the parts are from Lexus. Here are my costs:

Water Pump/Timing Belt/V-Belt/Cam Seals/Link assembly = $450.00

Gas Filter/End Links = $202.94

Spark Plug wires/spark plugs = $174.52

Timing belt Tensioner/Ignition rotors/Distributer caps & labor = $722.52

---------

total = $1549.11

You probably can save some of this by buying the [atrs from on-line vendors. I just wanted to get it all done.

Hello All,

Thanks,

Moonysc400

Three months ago, I did a full tune up, plus, also. All of the parts are from Lexus. Here are my costs:

---------

total = $1549.11

You probably can save some of this by buying the [atrs from on-line vendors. I just wanted to get it all done.

did you do the install on any of these?

Hello All,

Thanks,

Moonysc400

---------

total = $1549.11

did you do the install on any of these?

I did none of the installs. I have a close friend who is a mechanic. He did all of the work