Squeaking Upon Startup

sv7887

Hi Everyone,

Got a few questions about my 92 LS. I don't drive it much these days, but when I start it it gives a loud squeak as soon as I turn the key. I had the Lexus dealer change the drive belts only a few months ago at 97K. The timing belt, water pump, and P/S pump were done at 84K. I hope it isn't anything too expensive. I use a Corolla as a daily driver now.

I just had to spend an ungodly amount of $$$ replacing the Power Steering Rack, Rear Carrier Bushings, Upper Control Arm, Alignment, Leather redye of all seats, High Pressure P/S Hose, Front Stabilizer Bar Bushings, and Front Brakes. The last three were done by the dealer at No charge because I caught them lying about the Upper Control Arm. (Nothing was really wrong with it) I threatened to sue so they fixed those things to keep me quiet. In addition I replaced the cupholder and got the needles on the instrument cluster fixed.

Also the dealer "refused" to replace the Fuel Filter claiming that the Fuel lines were Rusted. I've read enough posts here about people replacing their filters are much higher mileage than mine....Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sam

This may be what I have too. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=26170

Does it go away momentarily and comes back a little later until the engine warms up?

I noticed this also after leaving my car at the airport for 4 days and it got really clod here in DFW. 7 degrees F. to be exact.

I checked for leaks, nothing. Added a little PS fluid but I think the engine was too warm already to make that noise.

I guess it could also be the alternator?

Tex

Tex, I have a 95' also. Mine did this too "a little birdie chirp" when warming up. Mine was the belt itself. I put a little belt dressing on it, and it stopped, and hasn't returned.

Tex, I have a 95' also. Mine did this too "a little birdie chirp" when warming up. Mine was the belt itself. I put a little belt dressing on it, and it stopped, and hasn't returned.

Would it go and come back momentarily? This one is more than a chirp though, but will take your advise.

I'm guessing Autozone may have it? All I have is Ranch and Thousand Island here.

Man I hope I can nail this chirp, thanks for the info.

Tex