Is300 "clacking" Sound While Breaking And Turning

dbetanc

Hello,

I own a 2001 IS300 and almost every time I break and turn left I hear like a "Clacking" sound coming from the front right wheel. My Lexus dealer mechanic says that this is a common sound from these model that originates from the caliper clamping against the breaks. (or something like that)

Has anyone also experience this sounds?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello,

I own a 2001 IS300 and almost every time I break and turn left I hear like a "Clacking" sound coming from the front right wheel.  My Lexus dealer mechanic says that this is a common sound from these model that originates from the caliper clamping against the breaks.  (or something like that)

Has anyone also experience this sounds?

Thanks,

Daniel

Most IS300's do that. They say it's due to the "foating calipers". I could hear it under certain conditions on my 2002. If also seen it mentioned many times on other message boards. Mine would do that mostly when turning at slow speed like when I would turn into the driveway or into the gargage.

At one time I had a louder noise from the same area, that turned out to be the right side sway bar mounting was loose where it bolts to the car.

• 1 month later...