Blew Out My Potenza Last Night

Need to replace all my tires, 2001 GS430 with stock chrome 17's.

Looking for comfort, not high performance summer tires. Dealership is recommending Michelin's, said his wife uses them and they are seeing materially greater mileage on the Michelin's.

Has anyone had any experience with the Michelin's? I live in Kentucky, need a 4 season tire. Also got pitched the Pirelli, but I've seen some negative comments on them, but they are much cheaper. Turanza cheaper also, but afraid the construction and ride won't be as solid as the Michelin.

I'm trying to find a good price on a great tire, not a cheap price for a cheap tire.

Comfort is key, which is difficult with the stock 17's and low profile.

Thanks for any advice.

PS - Tire rack isn't saving me any money compared to local prices on the Michelin's.

Need to replace all my tires, 2001 GS430 with stock chrome 17's. 

Looking for comfort, not high performance summer tires.  Dealership is recommending Michelin's, said his wife uses them and they are seeing materially greater mileage on the Michelin's. 

Has anyone had any experience with the Michelin's?  I live in Kentucky, need a 4 season tire.  Also got pitched the Pirelli, but I've seen some negative comments on them, but they are much cheaper.  Turanza cheaper also, but afraid the construction and ride won't be as solid as the Michelin.

I'm trying to find a good price on a great tire, not a cheap price for a cheap tire.

Comfort is key, which is difficult with the stock 17's and low profile.

Thanks for any advice.

PS - Tire rack isn't saving me any money compared to local prices on the Michelin's.

If tire rack is not saving you any money I feel you are doing great then. Personaly any of what you said are a more costly tire and you should be happy but I would stick with the turanzas. Unless you want to save some money go with falkens they are good in the snow to I am hearing . I just bought two sets myself. :cheers:

I have Michelin Pilot AS in the stock size for 17's, and they are without doubt the best wet weather tire I have ever owned. Great traction. I don't know how they handle in the snow though. That's what my Volvo beater is for.

I have Michelin Pilot AS in the stock size for 17's, and they are without doubt the best wet weather tire I have ever owned.  Great traction.  I don't know how they handle in the snow though.  That's what my Volvo beater is for.

The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S is a very good choice, I loved mine, but wow they were expensive! :blink: What is the exact tire size you need & price range your looking for? Perhaps there are other choices for you to consider. B)

:cheers:

I have Michelin Pilot AS in the stock size for 17's, and they are without doubt the best wet weather tire I have ever owned.  Great traction.  I don't know how they handle in the snow though.  That's what my Volvo beater is for.

The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S is a very good choice, I loved mine, but wow they were expensive! :blink: What is the exact tire size you need & price range your looking for? Perhaps there are other choices for you to consider. B)

:cheers:

I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for four Michelin Sport A/S and an alignment. I'm getting some uneven wear on the front, and I'd rather have them do the alignment than anyone else. Need an oil change too, so I'm just going to let them do it all tomorrow.

I'm going with the stock size, 235/45, to answer your question.

Running me about $1100 to get all that done, but I figure it comes with the ownership. I don't want to get hooked into looking for "deals" and not having the best performance or reliability in the long run. My dealership has been really good on our cars, often exceeding my expectations, so I'll just leave it in their hands again.

Thanks for the feedback on the Michelin's. Nothing could handle worse in incliment weather than the stock Potenza's. I almost didn't make it home the other day after a light snow, they almost couldn't get me up the hill. VSC didn't help. By comparison, my SC handled incredibly well in the snow, I was impressed by it.

By the way, why would the car come stock with "high performance SUMMER tires"?