I'm Thinking About Buying A 2001 Gs430...

I went to look at a 2001 GS430 today and I have a couple of questions about some of the options on the vehicle. I was told over the phone that the vehicle DID NOT have navigation but that it DID have the upgraded sound system, so when I went to look at it today I noticed that it DID have the screen in the dash, but I couldn't find Mark Levinson written anywhere so I wasn't sure about what I had been told previously on the phone, and I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. :unsure: Is it possible to have the screen in the dash and not have navigation? And, if it does have the upgraded sound system is there writing somewhere like the old Nakamichi radios had on them? Please help! I'm going back tomorrow to find out about financing and to possibly test drive the vehicle, so I hope things work out...thanks in advance :D

-John

"mark levinson" should be in the lower right side of your panel, if I remember my car correctly (I have an 01 430). The dealer told me that all 430's had the nav and premium sound, but I haven't verified. I'm sure you have the levinson if you have the nav.

Look way down on the right and you should see the ml label.

Good luck. I've had mine (black/black w/chrome 17's) for a few months now, and it's the best car I've ever owned. Ride is fine, mid range acceleration is great, looks terrific, and just "fits" me. Mileage could be better, but otherwise no complaints.

I am also thinking about purchasing a GS430. From my research, I can confirm that NOT all GS430's have NAV/Levinson. There should be a Mark Levinson stamp on the stereo. If not, I would safely assume that it doesn't include the Levinson sound system, which is a very pricey option. However, the screen in the dash should indicate NAV/Levinson system, not sure what the dealer is smoking? If your really interested in buying this particular GS, I would call Lexus corporate to confirm the information about Nav and ML. Is this a Lexus dealership?

I am also thinking about purchasing a GS430.  From my research, I can confirm that NOT all GS430's have NAV/Levinson.  There should be a Mark Levinson stamp on the stereo.  If not, I would safely assume that it doesn't include the Levinson sound system, which is a very pricey option.  However, the screen in the dash should indicate NAV/Levinson system, not sure what the dealer is smoking?  If your really interested in buying this particular GS, I would call Lexus corporate to confirm the information about Nav and ML.  Is this a Lexus dealership?

Congrats on your taste! I had a black on black 01 GS430 leased for three years, named her 'Sweet Charity' and absolutely loved the car. It didn't have nav or ml sound, but I didn't care at the time. This car can do just about anything well. I drove it through three winters in Boston on Fulda 17" snows and it was better than my Explorer in 6 inches or less of snow. Just put it in snow mode and floor it and you're up a hill and into the garage...or wherever you're going. Now I have a 06 IS350 and will put snows on it as soon as the wheels are available.