Maintenance Of Airbag Srs

92silverls400

I was reading the inside of my visor, it states after 10 yrs of vehicle being in service, the SRS airbag should be services by lexus dealership or certified machanic, my question is, how do we service the airbag system, what needs to be done. I have been lexus dealership twice this past year for oil change, and they have never mention about this service. I have a 92 LS400. :wacko:

The connectors are gold, so the only real servicing that is done is a visual inspection of the system to make sure everything is ok. Nothing major at all, and most people don't even mess with it.

On the Mercedes side, the initial expiration date of the airbag was 10 years. When 10 years came around, they extended it to 15 years. Now that 15 years is coming around for my 1991 300CE, they will probably extend it again. I am not sure what everyone is going to do when they actually say that a 15-20 year old airbag should be replaced. I think the cost would be prohibitive and most of us would just unhook it.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 MBZ 300CE

2000 MBZ C280