Egr Valve Replacement

metaspace

Why do you want to replace it? The normal life of a Toyota EGR valve is hundreds of thousands of miles. The CEL light may go out if you just replace the EGR vacuum modulator and / or VSV valve. Typically, the EGR vacuum modulator is held in place by just one bolt.

Seems to me I remember reading somewhere about a possible techical service bulletin pertaining to the '97 or '98 Camry and ES300 EGR system. You might want to check for a TSB first because if there is a bulletin then maybe the dealer will replace the parts for free. mburnickas may know more about this since he has a '97 or '98.

Why do you want to replace it?  The normal life of a Toyota EGR valve is hundreds of thousands of miles.  The CEL light may go out if you just replace the EGR vacuum modulator and / or VSV valve.  Typically, the EGR vacuum modulator is held in place by just one bolt.

Seems to me I remember reading somewhere about a possible techical service bulletin pertaining to the '97 or '98 Camry and ES300 EGR system.  You might want to check for a TSB first because if there is a bulletin then maybe the dealer will replace the parts for free.  mburnickas may know more about this since he has a '97 or '98.

Monarch, this is the problem years for the EGR, throttle body, Ivac etc on es300. This topic has been covered many times. It is a PROBLEM with Lexus my friend. Seems they skipped there design-to-cost classes on this parts/sys.... :D :D :D

And a TSB is just that, they do not HAVE to fix anything unless it is a recall. TSB = there is an issue (but not safety), but you the customers needs to pay for it.

metaspace

I know my EGR went out and it was a CPO lexus. Lexus is a good car, but far from perfect. I would just take some throttle body cleaner and shot it in there after removing it from the car.

What is the best place to buy VSV and Vacuum modulator?

I did a quick search on web and didn't come up with anything.

Also if someone knows the procedure of VSV and/or vacuum modulator replacement please let me know. The car is running little rough and consuming more gas than normal.