Brakes On The Rx330

Rx330driver

I just have three things to bring up on my 2004 rx330, 38K miles.

1) Ive noticed that the brake discs in the back wheels are realllllllyyyy small, like im sure they do close to nothing. Just some random thing here that i noticed, kinda like a rant.

2) second thing, i recently got into a car accident where the guy hit my rear wheel so the lexus place had to change the entire axle and re-aligned it. I dont know if that has anything to do with what im about to say but when braking on the freeway moderately hard, I feel that the brake pedal wobbles and trembles a bit. I know thats kinda normal, but then the car started feeling wobly when accelerating. I know i should i get it checked out, but yeah just thought id share.

3) third thing is that i know this happens to every car but the brake discs always have that rusty look to it. How do i get rid of it?

Thanks a lot :lol:

I just have three things to bring up on my 2004 rx330, 38K miles.

1) Ive noticed that the brake discs in the back wheels are realllllllyyyy small, like im sure they do close to nothing. Just some random thing here that i noticed, kinda like a rant.

2) second thing, i recently got into a car accident where the guy hit my rear wheel so the lexus place had to change the entire axle and re-aligned it. I dont know if that has anything to do with what im about to say but when braking on the freeway moderately hard, I feel that the brake pedal wobbles and trembles a bit. I know thats kinda normal, but then the car started feeling wobly when accelerating. I know i should i get it checked out, but yeah just thought id share.

3) third thing is that i know this happens to every car but the brake discs always have that rusty look to it. How do i get rid of it?

Thanks a lot  :lol:

Hmm, my thoughts:

1. Most cars get most of their braking from the front wheels so the rear discs are almost always significantly smaller.

2. what you are describing is a rotor that is out of round. This wobbling translates into a pulsing of the brake pedal. Your rotor may be damaged (was it replaced?) or just a bit out.

3. the rust is normal and the only thing you can do is to oil your rotors - but then that negates the idea that you like to stop now and then. If I go to the airport on a long trip, it isn't uncommon to see significant surface rust on the rotors. They are just plain carbon steel in most instances. So, how do you get rid of it? Drive your car more. :)

yeah i know that the brakes are ususally smaller in the back...but these are like really small, smaller than normal smal. Anyways, i think evyerthing was changed after the accident, even the rotors, guess the lexus dealership didnt do a very good job at fixing it. :blink:

• 4 weeks later...