Es250 1990 Transmission

having problems with a noise in differential. does anyone know how to get the axels out of differentioal or a website where i can go for information regarding this?

What kind of noise? if it is a high pitched whine at low speeds, then there is nothing you can do, its semi normal. getting the fluid changed (flushed, but DO NOT POWERFLUSH) will help some, but they all do it.

yes, im a former ES250 Owner. :) Hope this helps. now if its another kind of noise, like a clunk, or clanking or thudding, or a growling then let me know and we will take it from there. :)

Drain the diff & refil it. Takes like 9/10ths of a quart of ATF.

(Dexron III)

The axles are a pain in the !Removed!. Download the '94 Camry repair manual & open the pdf for steering / axle. That's the A541 transmission/diff, but it's the same basic thing.

Otherwise buy a Haynes repair manual for the gen2 Camry

or spend your $10 on techinfo.toyota.com to buy the OEM repair information.

Drain the diff & refil it. Takes like 9/10ths of a quart of ATF.

(Dexron III)

The axles are a pain in the !Removed!. Download the '94 Camry repair manual & open the pdf for steering / axle. That's the A541 transmission/diff, but it's the same basic thing.

Otherwise buy a Haynes repair manual for the gen2 Camry

or spend your $10 on techinfo.toyota.com to buy the OEM repair information.

No they arent, they are cake onthe ES250. disconnect them from the diff, and from the hub and tap them out. its easier if you remove the tierods and ball joints too.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love a copy to host if you feel like sending it to me.

Just got it today to work on the es I just bought. Will be sometime before I can let go of it, but don't have a problem with you hosting it after I've solved my problems first. It's about 2 inches thick and looks to be about 1000 pages so you would have to do a lot of scanning. You'd probably want to put it in a pdf format.