2000 Rx300

lgseibert

I own a 2000 RX300 with about 60,000 miles on it. In April 2005 it stalled while sitting at a red light, it started right back up. Took it to the dealer and he said it needed the injectors cleaned which I did. A few months later it stalled again while be driven, it started right back up. This happen a couple of more times and it always starts right back up. I took it to the dealer and he replaced the idle control valve for about $470.00. A few weeks later it stalled again. Took it back to the dealer and he kept it to drive to try to get it to stall for 2 weeks, it did not. Took it back and a few weeks later it stalled again. Took it to the dealer and he has kept it for 2 weeks and has found nothing wrong with the car. I am suppose to pick it up today. Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone had the same problem?

I own a 2000 RX300 with about 60,000 miles on it.  In April 2005 it stalled while sitting at a red light, it started right back up.  Took it to the dealer and he said it needed the injectors cleaned which I did.  A few months later it stalled again while be driven, it started right back up.  This happen a couple of more times and it always starts right back up.  I took it to the dealer and he replaced the idle control valve for about $470.00.  A few weeks later it stalled again.  Took it back to the dealer and he kept it to drive to try to get it to stall for 2 weeks, it did not.  Took it back and a few weeks later it stalled again.  Took it to the dealer and he has kept it for 2 weeks and has found nothing wrong with the car.  I am suppose to pick it up today.  Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone had the same problem?

You did not mention how you were driving before you came to a stop. Is this a condition that has occured after a driving on highway at highway speeds coming to the end of an exit ramp or is it a random stall condition? You may have to have diagnostic tool running while this condition occurs in which case your tech may need to drive your car until it happens again. Your second option is to seek out the most qualified tech and get the area service rep for Lexus involved.

I own a 2000 RX300 with about 60,000 miles on it.  In April 2005 it stalled while sitting at a red light, it started right back up.  Took it to the dealer and he said it needed the injectors cleaned which I did.  A few months later it stalled again while be driven, it started right back up.  This happen a couple of more times and it always starts right back up.  I took it to the dealer and he replaced the idle control valve for about $470.00.  A few weeks later it stalled again.  Took it back to the dealer and he kept it to drive to try to get it to stall for 2 weeks, it did not.  Took it back and a few weeks later it stalled again.  Took it to the dealer and he has kept it for 2 weeks and has found nothing wrong with the car.  I am suppose to pick it up today.  Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone had the same problem?

i've heard this from a bunch of other folks and nobody has found a resolution yet...it just happens randomly