Is It Possible To Add C-best Settings To A 98?

highlander

by changing the body control module of a 99 and/or changing the mirror control module to change the driver side mirror settings?

thanks

The 98 already has the C-best settings. Are you asking if you could reprogram it so both mirrors would tilt down when in reverse, then no, cant do that with C-best.

basically... what i want to know is what stores the c-best functions. The body control module?

if i where to switch a body control module would i get the additional c-best settings? in essence its the same car so conversion can be done some way or the other.

basically... what i want to know is what stores the c-best functions. The body control module?

if i where to switch a body control module would i get the additional c-best settings? in essence its the same car so conversion can be done some way or the other.

hmmm... I see what you are saying now. That’s a good point you make, and I would sure like to know myself. I'm sure most of those tweaks are in the software (within a limited reason) However, I’m not sure that you can yank a piece and integrate it into another older Lexus, because the integration has to be compatible on the network level.

i really doubt there is much more difference than software integration between the 2 years. TOo much cost associated and at this point they want to revenue. the easiest implementation is software. I guess the only way is to try it out and see if any codes persists.. there are no hardware changes from what i can see to the 99s.

pinouts for a bcm are identical from 98 to 2000 i guess i will try out...

i couldn't find any part numbers for both of these units, but im guessing that due to the difference in programming they will be different...

same pin outs and voltages means they might be interchangeable... so i guess its a worthwhile try out and see :D

that was after checking both service manuals for pin outs.. i guess i will get that bcm this week and try it out :D...

the questions is if it will drive the scantools crazy or something.... it should be pretty interesting.. in worse case scenarion one wuold have to replace both bcm and ecu.