Turkey Day Lexus Fun

Kennyr

Just changed my oil, Mobil 1. Also I finally got around to cleaning the steering rack solenoid screens. OH MY GOD! I cant believe fluid was even passing through them. I flush my fluid and keep it clean but the screen was plugged regardless. I used a punch to get the solenoid loose to spin off. 5 minute job while changing the oil. My pump was changed at 80k and now I have 150k. Now its time to help stuff and plug the turkey in the oven. Don't eat too much today. Right!

Well it's been a couple days since I cleaned the screen. What I had before was just a very slight roughness or noise when turning the wheel. Most people probably wouldn't even notice this. No big deal but something regardless. Now with the screen clean the noise and vibration are completely gone. Another forum fix for my car. By the way my air control valve had a broken off nipple a few months back. No ATF was flowing into the intake but I replaced it regardless. Bought it at a Toyota Dealer.

If you had to replace the solenoid, how long should that take you to do? Interesting in knowing amount of time involved. Thanks.

Well it's been a couple days since I cleaned the screen. What I had before was just a very slight roughness or noise when turning the wheel. Most people probably wouldn't even notice this. No big deal but something regardless. Now with the screen clean the noise and vibration are completely gone. Another forum fix for my car. By the way my air control valve had a broken off nipple a few months back. No ATF was flowing into the intake but I replaced it regardless. Bought it at a Toyota Dealer.