Retractable Mirrors

RebsLS430

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the motors for the retractable side mirros having to be replaced? I have a 2001 and both mirror motors have been replaced and it looks like the passenger side needs to be replaced again! Just wondering if this is an isolated case or more widespread.

Haven't seen any postings on here about that, but in all honesty, I can see where this could be a constant problem in the winters. I little bit of ice in there preventing the hinge to operate smoothly, and it sounds just like the power motors on power antennas in the same fashion. Got your antenna up while driving in sleet, it freezes on the antenna, turn the car off and then antenna gets stuck due to it freezing in place...resulting in a burnt out motor. Has happened to my family out in Kansas several times, and I see you're in Il?

You're just up the road from me (Round Lake). It's getting cold out here but it really hasn't snowed or rained enough for ice to be a problem.

I'm wondering if there's anything that can be lubricated? Maybe the parts that move have dried out and are binding causing it to work slower? Just throwing possible ideas out there.......I'm by no means an expert. :whistles:

• 2 weeks later...