Lights Flickering When Idling

tbow1975

I've got another one for anyone who can help me out. The other day I noticed, after starting my car in a dark garage, that all the lights were flickering slightly. I've also noticed from time to time the lights dim slightly, for a splt second, when I apply the brakes. I don't know if these two are related, and I have had no dead battery problems. Anyone know if I should be concerned? Thanks for any help! :geek:

I have this same problem.........I also see it in the interior lights also.

My wife said what heck is this going on ???

I had my alternator checked at the Lexus dealer some time back in reference to this issue and was reported good not much said about the flickering either. I have also read a few articles talking about this being a electrical flaw in the RX300 and no one can seem to track it down to what is causing it.

Not sure you will like the answer about your alternator, its most likely good.

It irritates me :censored: I am starting to see little things on this RX300 that are starting bug me.

A few off my head:

** Gas mileage

**Headlight and interior lights dimming issue

**Fuel injection tapping noise.....very irritating, another its normal

** Of course worries on the Transmission

** Front Brakes making clanking issue....was told this is normal too :lol:

man... I tell you I should have stayed with a the regular Toyota line. <_<

never had any such problems with my other toyota's....kinda sad.

I wish I had known about this site before I bought it, I would have definitly thought twice and most likely not gone this route.

Kinda blowing steam at the moment :blushing: sorry.

Yeah actually there have been other threads about this exact issue. The problem in my opinion is still the alternator. The voltage regulator inside is not working right, however it does not affect the output voltage and as such when they check the alternator it will show the correct output.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got another one for anyone who can help me out.  The other day I noticed, after starting my car in a dark garage, that all the lights were flickering slightly.  I've also noticed from time to time the lights dim slightly,  for a splt second,  when I apply the brakes.  I don't know if these two are related, and I have had no dead battery problems.  Anyone know if I should be concerned?  Thanks for any help!    :geek:

Check your battery terminals, if they are original, replace them. You will probably find that flickering then stops. If flickering continues have alternator checked.