Wired Fm Modulator...

dfkd

Still working on getting my mp3 player to be really good in the car and i was wondering if anyone has tried a WIRED FM modulator yet.

Right now i use a Belkin Tunecast which is the typical fm transmitter. It works but here in Vancouver there is a station almost within every 0.6mhz so there is always another station breaking in. :angry:

These wired ones are supposed to be really good because they actually block out the other stations when they are in use and they plug directly into the antenna socket behind the stereo so they also arent really subject to signal degradation so it's pretty much as good as FM can get.

I havent seen much mention of these in the forums tho.

h142FMMOD01-f.jpeg

LINK: THIS IS THE ONE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT

Within my logic, this seems to be the best alternative before cutting into the stock system wires.

Does anyone have experience with these? How good is the sound and are there any tips/warnings that I should note in getting one?

NB: there are WIRELESS ones that work just like the Tunecast and can go in the trunk and transmit from there. The ones i'm referring to are the ones that plug DIRECTLY into the stereo.

I would imagine it would work pretty well. I used a device like that for the XM tuner I installed in the wife's Highlander. I installed the Delphi SkyFi car dock and then the Delphi car hard-wire kit that includes an FM modulator which replaces the tape adapter and it also supplies power connections which replaces the lighter cord.

Usually those things can use like 3 or 4 different stations. When you tune the radio to the preselected station and power on the XM tuner, it overrides the incoming FM signal and allows the XM to play clearly (it looks like the on-off switch on that Scosche model is the override most likely).

The ONLY thing I'd say is an issue is that it kind of plays a bit softer than the regular radio, which means you just have to turn up the volume a litte. Not a huge deal.. in fact it cold be something with the XM and not necessarily a prob with all of these modulators.

If you want to retain the factory stereo and don't want wires all over the place I'd say the device you pictured would be a good bet.

I've considered cutting into the cd changer system lines and replacing or adding to it's output lines with inputs for an mp3 player...

Anyone tried something like this at all?

Would be better sound quality but i dont really know if it will work...