Idling Issue After Starting Motor

tbow1975

Anyone had this one? From time to time, after starting the RX motor, it will have a hard time idling for a minute or so. It sort of sputters, until I give it some gas for 30 seconds or so to level it off. Once, it even stalled while sputtering, ignoring me when I pressed the gas pedal. I took it to Lexus, as always, and they told me they replaced a sensor and sent me on my way. Well, it still does this from time to time. I took it back to Lexus and they told me they couldn't reproduce the problem, so they wouldn't know where to start. Any ideas? Thanks! :geek:

Exact symptom I had which I corrected by cleaning the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV). Not difficult to do for someone with a modicum of experience in working on cars. If not, I do not know if Lexus would do this without insisting on replacement. Try to find an independent shop that may be willing at a decent price. What sensor did they replace?

If by sensor they meant the IACV, then I guess cleaning would not help.

Good Luck