01 430 Warning Light

I did a search.

Anyone know what might be causing my red warning light "Brake" to come on when I brake occassionally? Not all the time, could go days, then last night it did it about three times in a row each time I hit my brakes.

Normally it lights up when my parking brake is engaged, as an idiot reminder to release before driving.

But now it comes on as described.

Braking is normal, at various speeds, no hard braking. Everything feels normal and smooth as always, no other symptoms.

Taking a road trip this weekend with my two little girls, have to decide whether to take the RX330 or my GS. I really want to take the GS but it's not worth it if there could be something seriously wrong.

Anyone know what this could be?

Try checking you brake fluid .

I just took it in for it's 15k mile service last month, I was assuming they checked that. I'll check it at lunch today, but that shouldn't be the problem. Our dealership so far has been great, no scew ups or screw overs, but mistakes do happen.

I'll check. If it is off, then I'm getting a free trip inspection/tune up out of this. After all, who knows what else they may have messed up?

Try checking you brake fluid .

I just took it in for it's 15k mile service last month, I was assuming they checked that. I'll check it at lunch today, but that shouldn't be the problem. Our dealership so far has been great, no scew ups or screw overs, but mistakes do happen.

I'll check. If it is off, then I'm getting a free trip inspection/tune up out of this. After all, who knows what else they may have messed up?

Here's what happens as the pads wear the fluid gets low! <_<