My New Toys

Toysrme

• 2 weeks later...

$164.69 is the running total this time around. (Without shipping) but I bought a couple of little tools & some odd stuff I needed also. A 9/16"-18 SAE Tap & some hose barbs to make the remeote filter & some 1/8" fuel/oil hose to feed the turbo.

Ebay is cool.

I need to make a new exhaust too. I guess that's gonna be like the header project. On a back-burner until after everything else is done.

But ya, pretty cheap.

Ya, you can get about anything put into the compressor section & just have the turbine clipped. I'm staying stock, less I still feel like keeping the car next spring & building an A/T. The stock CT-26 off a supra will run about 310-320 horsepower @ stock 5psi. 10psi puts out 340-345. That's really all the transmission will hold without a rebuild & more than it can take if you beat on it.

We'll have to see how that goes.

Don't worry about the HG's.

The heads are flat & have a nice coarse texture to it to grab the gaskets. I also put a little texture on the heads as well after I cleaned them up.

The compression ratio should be up around 9.8-9.89 so we all figured. The gaskets are rated to a CR of 12. 5psi should work out into the low 12 range.

You'll have to excuse me because I've bought & compared lots of hardware on the engine for the last year, so I may be off size wise.

The stock head bolts are M10-1.25 12 Pointed 12mm hex head. My nut & bolt house drives nothing but Toyota's & they sell tons of hardware to car people. They figure all the hardware Toyota uses on their engines is just a grade 8.8 (30ft-lb).

I drilled & tapped them & stuck in some M14-1.5 12 pointed 12mm hex heads in a grade 12.9 (>150ft-lb) a couple weeks ago. :D

For a 3vz-fe

Stock is 25ft-lb + 2x 90* turns.

I've got them on @ 50ft-lb. (Stopping @ 25, 37 & 50)

In the last few days I ordered 40 new camshaft bearing cap bolts & re-tapped them.

Right now the plan is to drive like it is. If & when I do more than 5psi I'll take the valve covers back off to check how the new cam bolts are doing & then I'll torque them back up to atleast 100ft-lb.

(You guys don't want to begin to know the effort in doing that. It's hard work!)

Don't worry about the HG's.

The heads are flat & have a nice coarse texture to it to grab the gaskets. I also put a little texture on the heads as well after I cleaned them up.

The compression ratio should be up around 9.8-9.89 so we all figured. The gaskets are rated to a CR of 12. 5psi should work out into the low 12 range.

You'll have to excuse me because I've bought & compared lots of hardware on the engine for the last year, so I may be off size wise.

The stock head bolts are M10-1.25 12 Pointed 12mm hex head. My nut & bolt house drives nothing but Toyota's & they sell tons of hardware to car people. They figure all the hardware Toyota uses on their engines is just a grade 8.8 (30ft-lb).

I drilled & tapped them & stuck in some M14-1.5 12 pointed 12mm hex heads in a grade 12.9 (>150ft-lb) a couple weeks ago.  :D

For a 3vz-fe

Stock is 25ft-lb + 2x 90* turns.

I've got them on @ 50ft-lb. (Stopping @ 25, 37 & 50)

In the last few days I ordered 40 new camshaft bearing cap bolts & re-tapped them.

Right now the plan is to drive like it is. If & when I do more than 5psi I'll take the valve covers back off to check how the new cam bolts are doing & then I'll torque them back up to atleast 100ft-lb.

(You guys don't want to begin to know the effort in doing that. It's hard work!)

Damn, hes modding the tranny...SOB.

Oh well, it was nice having a faster car than you while it lasted....

and why is your CR so low? mine is 11:1!

hey wait, now i have an excuse to turbo...

"Hey Donna..." :lol:

Correction grasshopper. Finished modding the transmission last week! The army should let you get on AIM more. Make them give you a CP with an AIM connection. ;)

VB5.jpg

It's back together =)

Ofcorse I finished it & put the first 5 quarts of new fluid in after using a half tube of Ultra Black RTV to seal the pan. I look down & see one metal line (you can't see it in any of my pics) laying on the ground & this one check ball that kept falling out that i THOUGHT i had in there for the last time! hahahahahahahahahahaha

Hey atleast it was only $5-5q walmart fluid.

I wound up re-tapping half the holes & running half the bolts through a die to get them to go back in without cross-threading. Hah that's what happens when it's dark I guess!

Correction grasshopper. Finished modding the transmission last week! The army should let you get on AIM more. Make them give you a CP with an AIM connection. ;)

VB5.jpg

It's back together =)

Ofcorse I finished it & put the first 5 quarts of new fluid in after using a half tube of Ultra Black RTV to seal the pan. I look down & see one metal line (you can't see it in any of my pics) laying on the ground & this one check ball that kept falling out that i THOUGHT i had in there for the last time! hahahahahahahahahahaha

Hey atleast it was only $5-5q walmart fluid.

I wound up re-tapping half the holes & running half the bolts through a die to get them to go back in without cross-threading. Hah that's what happens when it's dark I guess!

well u know, you could call once in a while, it wouldnt kill ya. LOL.

After xmas i will be on AIM more, cause im picking up a laptop when i go home for Xmas. I dont want to ship it for fear of damage, plus the fact that my little bro is using it (his replacement comes for xmas) for college doesnt help.