Wheel Spacers

strmrdr23

ok i got some 255/55/18 tires on my rx400h wheels that i put on my rx300 and the back tires are rubbing ever so slightly. i think i need to get some spacers for the back, mebbe 2 or 3mm? what i wanna know is is there any difference in spacers? specific brands i should avoid or you would recommend? any insight would be great...

Don't keep that size of tire on the 300 that is alot more power usuage than the tranny will want to keep working.

There are many spacers available.

3mm ones are easy to use with no mods but there are many who find them to cause the wheels to seperate from the hub as they do not fit flush.

I am not sure you have enough room to even fit a tire of 255 on a 300 so you may move from the inside fender to the outside one.

when i searched the tire size for 18" rims on tires.com it said that was the right size for an rx300...it did seem a bit wider even than the 245/40/20 i run on my summer rims...my tires appear to only be rubbing a little bit on the bottom of my shock in back...

Don't keep that size of tire on the 300 that is alot more power usuage than the tranny will want to keep working.

There are many spacers available.

3mm ones are easy to use with no mods but there are many who find them to cause the wheels to seperate from the hub as they do not fit flush.

I am not sure you have enough room to even fit a tire of 255 on a 300 so you may move from the inside fender to the outside one.

I put ~1.5" (30mm?) on my newly purchased 2001 AWD RX300 so I could upgrade to 17x8 wheels and safely use snow chains at the rear instead of the patently unsafe method required otherwise.

Now at ~50,000 miles and no bearing problems and used chains at the rear only a few times.

i got a 5mm spacer and my tires now clear the rear strut...just barely, tho...i went and picked up the h&r joints and dude said i didn't need to extend the bolts for 5mm but he says i prolly shoulda got a 10mm for add'l clearance. it's all good now but inretrospect, i think i shoulda just gotten like some 245/50/18 or 235/55/18 tires instead...

i got a 5mm spacer and my tires now clear the rear strut...just barely, tho...i went and picked up the h&r joints and dude said i didn't need to extend the bolts for 5mm but he says i prolly shoulda got a 10mm for add'l clearance. it's all good now but inretrospect, i think i shoulda just gotten like some 245/50/18 or 235/55/18 tires instead...

I 255/35/20 on rx300 with 1.5 spacers on and they fit just fine

i got 245/40/20 on my summer rims with no need for spacers but the rim size was only 20x8.5, tho...

I 255/35/20 on rx300 with 1.5 spacers on and they fit just fine

Do you have any pics of your tires on your rims? I am putting the 330 rims on and plan to get the 255/55 because there are more tire options and they are cheper. Any issues using the spacers?

THanks

BDA_Lexus

Mine were 20 x 9  honestly i probly should have gone with 245/40/20 tires probably would have given me a softer ride

Anyone wants to go for bigger rims please note that you will suffer with worse accleration, poorer mpg, and worse braking because of additional unsprung weight added with bigger rims and wider tires. Likely one will have inaccurate odo and speedo meters because the tire diamter change. That is four negative one must pay to get that cool rim look.

Do you have any pics of your tires on your rims?  I am putting the 330 rims on and plan to get the 255/55 because there are more tire options and they are cheper.  Any issues using the spacers?

THanks

BDA_Lexus

ok, here's some pics of my ride. before you complain bout the pic quality, note that they were taken with my camera phone! ;)

post-6001-1132606356_thumb.jpg

post-6001-1132606376_thumb.jpg

Do you have any pics of your tires on your rims?   I am putting the 330 rims on and plan to get the 255/55 because there are more tire options and they are cheper.   Any issues using the spacers?

THanks

BDA_Lexus

ok, here's some pics of my ride. before you complain bout the pic quality, note that they were taken with my camera phone! ;)

Given the fact that you have the 18's and the 255's any issues with the ride quality, and performance? Also did you need the spacers?

Thanks and btw the ride looks nice.

Nate

Given the fact that you have the 18's and the 255's any issues with the ride quality, and performance?  Also did you need the spacers? 

Thanks and btw the ride looks nice.

Nate

thanks! i put 5mm spacers but in retrospect, i think 10mm woulda been better...ride is softer but that's cause i'm comin' off 20's on 245/40/20...i've only had them for 5 days so i don't really notice any diff in performance yet...