Trans Mods?

ArnoldsLex

Has anyone done any shift modifications on your Lexus? Any secret gurus on this?

I have a RX300 and I lost the trans. I was talking with my trans guy and thought we might increase the line pressure a tad. This is not of course to go faster but to quicken its shifting. There is a problem with these vehicles trans. According to what I have read is that they upshift in coast down and therefore do not produce enough pressure for the insuing upshift and the clutches do not clamp fast enough resulting in a slip which is wearing them out early.

Bigger Coolers too?

No RX300 AWD owner here has determined that the clutches wear out early if ALWAYS (since the day the vehicle was brand new) kept lubed by fluid in good condition.

No RX300 AWD owner here has experienced transmission failure if they regularly inspected the condition of the fluid and changed it BEFORE it became brown or black.

But then no RX300 AWD owner here has been WILLING to regularly inspect the condition of the fluid (since the day the vehicle was brand new) and change it BEFORE it became brown or black.

Surprizingly, the same bunch of RX300 AWD owners who have experienced the financial pain of out-of-warranty transmission replacment are STILL UNWILLING to regularly inspect the condition of the fluid and change it BEFORE it becomes brown or black or use factory original transmission fluid or use factory manual recommended servicing procedures.

Instead they are spending their time and money experimenting with Amsoil synthetic universal fluid, aftermarket filters & coolers, modifying the line pressure, etc.

Unbelievable, absolutely. If a truck hit him, he still would say there was nothing there except poor maintenance. I changed my fluid every 30k miles and it still failed.......Now I am looking for longevity, something Lexus did not do.