Tires Noise

Hi everyone...

Just last week I changed my summer rims (17 inches lexus original mags with yokohama tires) to my winter rims (16 inches black steel rim with michelin tires) I live in Quebec, so it's a must during winter season... Wow! what a difference, I mean those winter tires are so quiet. Now is it just me or in fact the yokohama summer are a lot noisier???

I bought the car last february and didn't really noticed the difference in may when I changed the rims for summer's one.

And last question, what are you driving as the most but not necessarely extreme sportive (not the most expensive) quiet 17 inches summer tires on your gs 400 ???? What would be a good choice for my next quieter summer tires, not yokohama for sure????

Thank again

Dantheman

Hi everyone...

Just last week I changed my summer rims (17 inches lexus original mags with yokohama tires) to my winter rims (16 inches black steel rim with michelin tires) I live in Quebec, so it's a must during winter season... Wow! what a difference, I mean those winter tires are so quiet. Now is it just me or in fact the yokohama summer are a lot noisier???

I bought the car last february and didn't really noticed the difference in may when I changed the rims for summer's one.

And last question, what are you driving as the most but not necessarely extreme sportive (not the most expensive) quiet 17 inches summer tires on your gs 400 ???? What would be a good choice for my next quieter summer tires, not yokohama for sure????

Thank again

Dantheman

I recently replaced the OEM Bridgestone Potenzas (really noisey and rough riding) with a set of Khumo ASX's that are stone quiet and ride suberbly. The tires are all season and makes the car into a real Lexus.

kuhmo tires are garbage (all of them) sidewall ruptures , no manufacture support and low grip in any situation.

I have had 3 sets and hate them with a passion.

Bridgestone and BF Goodrich offer the most noise possible once the tires start to wear and it only gets worse.

Toyo makes one of the most quietest tires around that have a good amount of grip but are slightly pricey and wear quickly if driven hard in corners especially.

The Goodyear f1's seem to have been reviewed well by car and driver.

My Yokohama parada's i had were the most stickiest tire i ever owned, it would lock up and smoke if i hit a corner to hard and i loved them. Only problem is the tires started to wear and the noise was so unbearable.