Two Cabin Air Filters In The 93

akewlguy

I always hear about the air filter and I just realized my 93 has two. They sit side by side. Is this right?

They both are orriginal and nasty. As it works out I had to return the Fram filter from Autozone. It did not fit. So I guess I am off to Lexus. Will LEXUS send it to your home?

Do you mean side by side as in they are both next to each other in two different trays or side by side as in they are in the same tray? I tried to get a cabin filter from Advanced Auto once and the one they gave me was like two puzzle pieces you had to fit together. It didnt fit at all and we ende up getting one from a place on the internet.

thanks

Yes, they sit side by side. However, you insert both of them through the same hole. After you insert the first one, you slide it toward the front of the car. You then insert the second one. They have a bend in the middle which makes them easier to insert.

The part number for the 93 LS filter kit is 88880-50010. When I replaced mine in March, 2004, the cost was about $45.00. I purchased mine at www.irontoad.com.

Also check out www.newlexusparts.com for pricing. They pay the shipping charges. Irontoad does not.

A very good set of installation instructions comes with the kit.

I think someone stated before 92 they dont have one. I can tell you it was one amazing site to see the nastyness of these filters. It was absolutly disgusting after 16 years. It was like seeds, mold and dirt in ever little crevis. For sure one has to change these things!