Do You Have To Have Mark Levinson To Play Dvds?

hello,

i recently got a 2006 gs with navigation, but i did not get the mark levinson; can i play dvds in my car or is it only able to do it in the mark levinson navi? i tried to play a dvd in my car and i got an error message. if anyone knows, please let me know. thanks

-thomas

hello,

i recently got a 2006 gs with navigation, but i did not get the mark levinson; can i play dvds in my car or is it only able to do it in the mark levinson navi? i tried to play a dvd in my car and i got an error message. if anyone knows, please let me know. thanks

-thomas

I have exactly the same question/problem.

You need to have the Mark Lev system to play DVDs. I just got my 2006 GS300 wth Nav and Mark Lev, it will play DVDs AND contrary to popular belief the car doesn't have to be in park. While at a traffic light, you can depress the emergency brake lightly and the screen will change to the movie! Of course once you move the car and release the e-brake the screen goes back to the Nav screen or whatever other mode you were in. And BTW, the movies are great, 7.1 surround; 330 watts, 11 channels, full wide screen; 14 speakers, need I say more. :D

You need to have the Mark Lev system to play DVDs.  I just got my 2006 GS300 wth Nav and Mark Lev, it will play DVDs AND contrary to popular belief the car doesn't have to be in park.  While at a traffic light, you can depress the emergency brake lightly and the screen will change to the movie!  Of course once you move the car and release the e-brake the screen goes back to the Nav screen or whatever other mode you were in.  And BTW, the movies are great, 7.1 surround; 330 watts, 11 channels, full wide screen; 14 speakers, need I say more.    :D

Yes