Need Help Debugging - Sudden Loss Of Power

peterm95064

I have had a 2001 RX300 for about six months. I drive a windy highway road every day.

Yesterday, at about 50 mph through a long turn, I lost power. An audible beeping occurred at the same time. Within about 1-2 seconds, power returned as I got through the turn.

I pulled over, did a quick visual inspection and didn't see anything amiss. I continued on to town.

On the way home, on a different curve, it happened again. I didn't see any warning lights come on, but I did hear the audible warning - two beeps - break - two beeps.

I need some help in trying to debug or properly classify the problem and some help in desiging a solution. I've checked the oil level, tires. Had a full tank of fuel. Roads were dry and tempature was in the 60's. No warning lights. 58,000 miles on the car.

thanks,

Peter

That's undoubtedly your VSC system activating, it thinks your RX is not following the path set by the position of the stearing wheel. Could be a real, justified activation, or your yaw sensor or stearing wheel position sensor may be intermittently defective.

Yup, my VSC started going off because one of my front tires had a small leak and had lost 10 psi. Everytime I made a turn it would start beeping. After parking I realized that it was sensitive enough to be affected be a low tire pressure. Repairing tire took care of problem ofcourse.

Yup, my VSC started going off because one of my front tires had a small leak and had lost 10 psi. Everytime I made a turn it would start beeping. After parking I realized that it was sensitive enough to be affected be a low tire pressure. Repairing tire took care of problem ofcourse.

ok. thanks. I know I need new tires, so we're gonna start with that and see if problem continues. if it does, i'll follow wwest's suggetions on the yaw or steering wheel position sensors being intermittently defective.

thank you,

peterm