Help Guys, Lexus Dealership Repair Fees.

guys (and gals) I have a questions about service fees from your past experiences.

I took my car into the lexus dealership for my 120,000 mile service checkup, and needed to get a leak fixed in the car.

Water is leaking onto the drivers floorboards, and after reading some forums here, I thought it would be the evaporator core. After taking it to two other places, they could not find a problem with the AC. So, I drove the three hours and took it to the lexus dealership to fix the problem. They charged me 105 dollars evaluation labor, and told me they could not find the problem (this was on monday...) today is tuesday, and they told me they think the problem is a hole in the firewall and when the water drains off the windshield it comes in through the firewall into the passengers well. So -- they told me to look into the problem more, they would have to charge me a full days labor at 900.00 to remove the dash and look at the firewall inside.

900.00 - and that does not guarantee they will fix the problem.

So, I am asking you all your opinion, perhaps some of you have been in the same predicament as me. What the deal. I'm in 1000.00 for labor, and they cannot guarantee the problem is diagnosed yet. That's a crock o junk. What would you do in this situation, as I have no options but to complain to the service manager for the outrageous cost. I need the car fixed, but this seems like a lot of work for a pinhole leak in the firewall behind the AC box.

On top of that, results from the 120k service indicate I need tranny fluid flushed, radiator reserve replaced, rear breaks done, and two damaged wheel studs that I need fixed. What the heck.....

What color is the fluid leaking? Any odor? Does it only leak when the A/C is on? Does it leak after washing the car or after it rains? Get out the garden hose and peel back the carpet and figure it out or else spend $1000 and get nothing or maybe something. <_<

What color is the fluid leaking? Any odor? Does it only leak when the A/C is on? Does it leak after washing the car or after it rains? Get out the garden hose and peel back the carpet and figure it out or else spend $1000 and get nothing or maybe something. <_<

Nothing leaked with the hose, I definately did my research before taking it in. I thought it was most likely a cracked evaporator core. Turns out that is what the problem was. The dealership was able to reseal the unit, and now I am getting my car back soon. Those kind of things the amateur has a hard time checking out. If I had the knowledge, I would have probably fixed that myself on a weekend, but it turns out it is some job to remove a gs400 dash.