98 Es300 140,000 Miles

rtyson

Hello all, I recently have been trying to perform some minor maintenance on my

98 ES300. I currently do not have any problems with my vehicle. I removed the MAF sensor but this piece looks like an enclosed plastic piece and not clean-able. Is this just replaceable ?

I am looking for the jack lifting point underneath my 98 ES300, to be specific, I want to put my 3-ton jack in the middle (not on the side), so that I can lift the car in the air with 2 wheels at one time and place in the jackstands. I do see a protruding iron bracket right next to the exhaust pipe towards the front end. Does anyony have pics showing this exact location ? Note: I have a Haynes manual but it does not indicate this point.

I also tried to drop the oil pan this past weekend but after removing all the screws/2 nuts I still could not break it loose with a mallet. It seemed as though it was still bolted on. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing ?

I have located the PCV and will attempt to remove and clean/replace grommet

for that as well as clean the TB this coming weekend. I'm learning as much as I possibly can about my ES300.

To bad they don't have 'Auto Clincs' you could attend for specific cars. Has anyone knowledgable of the ES300 ever thought of doing something like this !?

rtyson In Missouri (Any good ES300 Mechanics in the area ?)

You can jack it up from most parts of the frame if you're careful. The engine & transmission sit between two frame crossmembers. Center your jack on the front one & go to town. I still prefer just jacking by doing it on the frame wheel by wheel.

The frame tends to bend as you jack it. It just can't support half the car from one point. Doesn't do real well at all if you jack it up more thana few times. <sigh> It's just the penalty for having lightweight construction.

Normally when the pan won't come off you've skipped some things. On the VZ family it's a once piece oil pan that has a huge cover for the flywheel/flexplate that you have to take off. I forget how the MZ's are setup, but off-hand it's a 2 pieces oil pan & I'm pretty sure the upper one bolts to the transmission.

Don't hit it with a mallet! :lol:

I did the same thing my first time. Silicon they seal it with just won't let go so stop playing against it. Take a razor blade & cut the stuff out like you normally would do, then pry it up with a screwdriver.

You should download the 1994 Camry factory service manual. I'm sure it has directions. You can also download any avalible Toyota FSM off techinfo.toyota.com for $10.

Thanks for the oil pan removal info, I don't want to risk bending my frame! But in many books & manuals they do call out jack points at the front and rear so what's up with that if possible bending is an issue ????

My ultimate goal is to check for any sludge in the pan.

If I jack it up wheel by wheel, then using the Hydraulic placed at the wheel-jack-groove point will prevent me placing the jack-stand in the proper assigned

wheel-jack-groove since the Hydraulic currently occupies that position.

So, it's not that critical to get the jackstands in those grooves but as long as it is

very close to those grooves and importantly along the side of the frame ?

By the way from the info on this website & Haynes manual I replaced my PCV valve & grommet and took off the TB and gave it all an excellent cleaning. I was not sure what I should have done to the ISC valve on the underside. What should I have done for that valve ( a cleaning as well ? ). I can do it next time.

Thanks Guys

rtyson In Missouri