Door Mis Alignment

Does anyone have experience or tips on adjusting a door so that it will close easily? My topic searches did not come up with anything.

Not a real big deal but without a hard shove while closing the driver's door on my '98 LS the door latches but does not close completely. Other doors which have had much less use, close like new without the harder push. Just not sure how easy it might be to adjust the door hinge to accomplish that "like new" action.

I have a similar problem but mine does not sound as bad as yours.

If i am reading your post right you have to almost lift the door up to completely latch it closed.

The problem comes from the door being so heavy it wears out the hinge and pins.The only way to fix it is to buy new upper and lower hinges.The hinge pin area has been worn down as well as the pin causing the door to sag.

One more good reason to always lube the hinges often and to not let the door swing all the way open stressing the pins especially.

If you want to see the movement .

Lift the door up while looking at the hinge and you will see it rock on the pin.

Perhaps I oversold the problem. The door does not really "sag" nor does it require a lot of effort to close, just a little extra push than for a new car. That is why I was wondering if a simple adjustment was in order. More lubrication may even be enough and I will try that first but short of replacing parts, is adjustment an option too?

Usually a rubber sealer is enough to soften the rubber gasket. Autozone can fix you up or any auto store worth their salt will. You should do the gaskets yearly as part of maintenance. Short of that, There are adjustment screws on the door jam or panel. I am not sure witch, but they are there. Fine line between adjustment and wind noise. A little tweak is always better. But I believe the sealer/softener is your best bet. SKperformance is correct, in that the door can sag....by the way.