Fuel Filter Change

ScarabEpic22

I know the fuel filter is in the tank with the pump, and I can get the part for about ~$30, but I need to know how to drop the tank and install it. Can anyone give me a brief how-to on how to do this?

Thanks,

Erik

99 RX300 AWD

P.S. Anyone have any mileage booster tips? My RX is getting crappy mileage, so thats why I am going to change the fuel filter and the ATF, but what else could be causing this crappy mileage of 16 on the hwy? It has about 55k on the odo. I am going to change out the rear diff fluid this weekend along with the fuel filter hopefully. The air filter is clean and the oil I changed 200mi ago.

What is this IAC sensor? I cleaned the MAF sensor about a month ago and it didnt help. I looked at cleaning the Throttle Positioning sensor, but Im thinking I am going to probably need to invest in a repair manual. Any suggestions on which one to get and where?

Thanks,

Erik

99 RX 300 AWD

I bought the two-volume Lexus shop set for about $150 - lower than Lexus usually wants. I got it through an auto leasing firm that sold me the RX300, hence the lower rate. If you have a mechanic buddy, that's an option.

Another route is to go to alldatadiy.com. Alldata provides repair CDs to garages around the country. But for about $25 (15 for any second car and on renewal), you can get a year's worth of online repair info on any one car. Well worth it. Go this route first.