Pics Of 20's On An Sc?

I'm thinking about outfitting my SC4 with some 20's, but I want to see some pics of some others peoples rides rollin' on 20" blades first. I'm thinking 20's may be pushing the limit (physically and aesthetically) for an SC and 19's may be a better fit, but 19" tires aren't nearly as easy to come by as 20's, and therfore probably more expensive.

I've seen several 18" low-pro setups, but without a lowering kit these leave much to be desired - just way too much gap left in the wheel well - imho. And even with the car lowered, an 18" wheel setup just looks a bit undersized for the broadness of an SC's wheel wells.

So anybody with 20's (or even 19's for that matter) pleae post pics.

thanks.

Do you have or are you planning a body kit? I could not tell from your post if you plan to lower the car or not.

I think 19s look pretty good on the SC. If you have a body kit, though, (and the SC kits tend to be more aggressive) the 19s will get swallowed up. In this case, 20s are a better choice. Regardless of which size, lowering is preferable.

Nope, no body kit yet. My ride's not lowered yet either. I've already come to the conclusion that it'd probably be best to just wait until i've got enough money to do everything all at once (lowering springs/struts/camber kit/blades/grips/body kit/paint)

Just trying to get some idea what might look best - size-wise. I'm looking to go either deep-dish or concave spoke.

Where do the big brakes come in? ;) :D

Hey, good point. forgot all about that. I guess i would need a bit more stopping power given the larger overall wheel diameter. But some slotted rotors should do the trick should't they? I know slotted rotors don't "increase" breaking power, but given that they cool quicker they'd be more stable during extreme braking conditions that the stock ones.

I don't think the slotted rotors will cool much faster (if at all) than solid rotors. You can kind of make a case for drilled rotors but :whistles:

If you are staying with OEM size and you want to upgrade, I'd go with better biting pads, rotors that can handle the harder pads (to help wear), and upgrade to stainless steel brake lines. I'd stay with solid rotors unless you like the look of slotted and/or drilled.

If you go with aftermarket BBKs, you will get the additional benefit of the larger calipers, more pistons for more efficient braking, and reduced weight at the corners for better handling. The aftermarket BBKs are actually lighter than the OEM ones even though they are bigger. They also look cool as hell. ;)

The aftermarket BBKs are actually lighter than the OEM ones even though they are bigger.  They also look cool as hell. ;)

Sweet. I'll look into those. thanks Neo.

For front only, look into StopTech. 14" rotor kit in the mid $2k. You also have Brembos and AP racing in the $3k area.

• 5 months later...

Nope, no body kit yet. My ride's not lowered yet either. I've already come to the conclusion that it'd probably be best to just wait until i've got enough money to do everything all at once (lowering springs/struts/camber kit/blades/grips/body kit/paint)

Just trying to get some idea what might look best - size-wise. I'm looking to go either deep-dish or concave spoke.

Looking for some 19's, anyone know of a good place to order some, down here in Texas, pickings are slim on 19's.

• 10 months later...