Removing Climate Control Unit

smasood

Hi,

I need to replace bulb in inclimate control unit. I was trying to remove the vent above the unit as described in this link http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusES300StrR.htm

In the process I broke the corners of the vent and vent is still in place. Does someone has another way to remove the vent?? an easier way?? I am afraid to break the vent completely. :cries:

Thanks.

Hi,

I need to replace bulb in inclimate control unit. I was trying to remove the vent above the unit as described in this link http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusES300StrR.htm

In the process I broke the corners of the vent and vent is still in place. Does someone has another way to remove the vent?? an easier way?? I am afraid to break the vent completely.  :cries:

Thanks.

You have to make sure that the 2 clips inside the vents are released when pulling the vent out. You can try making a small T-bar [ with a coat hanger or similar rigid material ] with a small hook on the end to get behind the vent trim and pull from behind.

Ok I figured out a way to remove it, the trick is not only lift the clip from bottom but also put a screwdriver on the top to lower the builtin plastic hook and then remove it from side using a screwdriver. With this method there is no need to apply pressure and vent comes out very easily. :geek: