2 Of 4 Door Locks Will Not Work!

steelhed

I have just purchased a 1998 LS 400. Runs like a dream, but it has one problem that I am not sure how to address.

Whenever I hit either the lock/unlock button on the remote or on one of the doors, both door locks on the Driver's side will activate, but both door locks on the Passenger side click (and move slightly) but they do NOT activate.

Any help on what might need to be fixed/replaced would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all!!!

Do you get this problem in hot weather ?

I have the same model, and if I kept my car under the sun for 1 or more hours, the back door , does not response the unlocking and locking.

but in normal weather it works fine.

I have just purchased a 1998 LS 400. Runs like a dream, but it has one problem that I am not sure how to address.

Whenever I hit either the lock/unlock button on the remote or on one of the doors, both door locks on the Driver's side will activate, but both door locks on the Passenger side click (and move slightly) but they do NOT activate.

Any help on what might need to be fixed/replaced would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all!!!

First I would try manually moving the inside losks back and forth and see if they are sticking. Then I would hold the inside handle open for access and spray some graphite or silicone moving back and forth with the lock button so the plunger inside the solenoid gets exposed. Last resort is pulling the inside panel and inspecting for correct voltage and travel to/of the solenoids and go from there. If voltage goes to the solenoid, 12+ volts. Then they are weak or sometimes you can adjust the travel and that works. Lube the plungers and try again.