Lubed Strut Mounts

Kowalski

I have read numerous posts about lubing or greasing the strut mounts and the bump stops, and honestly I thought that it was probably a croc of *BLEEP*.

But man I was wrong.

It makes sense to me that the stuff needs to be greased; but I had TONS of noise coming from the front struts and had come to the conclusion that I was just going to have to replace everything.

But a little grease on the bump stops and some spray lube on the top of the strut mounts and POOF, no more noise whatsoever.

Out of every tip or trick that I have read about on the LOC this was the most unbelievable, and amazingly, the most helpful and rewarding.

It is so nice to drive around and not hear all the clunking and rattling every time I hit a bump.

Thanks LOC :cheers:

I used white lithium on the bumpstops and some liquid wrench on the top of the mounts.

I jacked the car up and then sprayed the LW all down inside the top of the mount.

Next time I will probably use something thicker on the mounts so it will last longer. Its only been a few days so far, but one day was better than nothing.