Tranny Drain On A Hill

nc211

Guys, my driveway is at about a 45 degree angle. I was wondering something. If I did a tranny fluid drain, which way would I park the car on the hill to get more fluid out? Front end high, or tail end high? Or neither? Obvioulsy I would messure the amount that came out and match that to the new stuff going in. I did a drain and fill about 4k miles ago, and want to do it again. When I did it last time, that fluid was in some bad shape, even though it was supposedly power flushed with the 90k service, 16k miles earlier when I bought it @ 84k miles. It's soooo easy to do, I'd like to do it every other oil change cycle to keep it fresh. Thanks guys! :cheers:

Guys, my driveway is at about a 45 degree angle. I was wondering something. If I did a tranny fluid drain, which way would I park the car on the hill to get more fluid out? Front end high, or tail end high? Or neither? Obvioulsy I would messure the amount that came out and match that to the new stuff going in. I did a drain and fill about 4k miles ago, and want to do it again. When I did it last time, that fluid was in some bad shape, even though it was supposedly power flushed with the 90k service, 16k miles earlier when I bought it @ 84k miles. It's soooo easy to do, I'd like to do it every other oil change cycle to keep it fresh. Thanks guys! :cheers:

Why don't you just find level ground?

I have that too, but was curious if I did this at an angle if I could get more of the dirty fluid out, instead of the standard 2 quarts on level ground.

I have that too, but was curious if I did this at an angle if I could get more of the dirty fluid out, instead of the standard 2 quarts on level ground.

probably not, cause some of it would still be ont he end fo the pan thats higher than the plug. where si the plug located in the pan? center? off to the left or right? on a corner? if its on a corner, jack up the corner fo the vehcile on the front opposite to the side that its on.

The drain plug favours the aft end of the pan. I drain the trans while the car is on two jack stands on the front, and it seems to remove two litres of oil no problem.