Anyone Removed The Cats On Their Sc300

I am trying to find an exhaust shop that will make me some test pipes for my car. I think the only way to get rid of the first one is to buy the Xerd headers but as for the other two I should be able to just get some test pipes made so I can remove them at will. Is this going to affect any readings on my ECU if I remove them? Will my engine still run, If so will it be smooth even at idle? What kind of gains will I be getting by removing just the 2 after the headers? I know somebody has had to do this one so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody.

Head up to Everett and see Wayne Deline at Muffler & Brake Service, 9701 Eveergreen Way, Everett 98204. Ph (425) 347-8714. Wayne does great custom work and is very reasonable.

Thanks for the quick reply! Does he by chance have an RX7? I am still curious to know what kind of power gains I should expect.

you can expect to fell some difference, maybe 5-10 hp? by taking off 2 cats, i made a test pipe on my S2000 and i could noticeably gain on my friend up hill in 3rd gear with stock exhuast, and he has the same car with exhaust, but no test pipe. and if your car is pre 96 then it shouldnt affect your ecu and stuff like that even if you take all 3 cats off.

you can expect to fell some difference, maybe 5-10 hp? by taking off 2 cats, i made a test pipe on my S2000 and i could noticeably gain on my friend up hill in 3rd gear with stock exhuast, and he has the same car with exhaust, but no test pipe. and if your car is pre 96 then it shouldnt affect your ecu and stuff like that even if you take all 3 cats off.

I have read in a couple of forums that when if you use Xerd headers you either have to somehow reuse the oem sensor or buy a GM sensor. This might be just the cat that is located on the downpipe or like you said you might not have to use any sensors. Has anyone actually removed all 3 cats? Feeling lazy right now so if anyone knows are there even sensors hooked up to the 2 back cats? Thanks for your input.

• 9 months later...

for all who still need to know.... xerd has no headers i tried forever to get some and so i did some research and ended up putting is300 headers on my 93 sc300 and they fit very well all i had to do was shorten the car side exaust 2 inches right behind the flange for the headers and it fit perfect... another thing is the o2 sensors... on a sc300 they bolt in with 2 10mm bolts and on the is300 they screw in an o2 bung so i put universal o2 sensors off my 1988 toyota supra 7mgte.... univrsal splice in type and never had a problem....