High Idle

Lexus=S3xus

Hey guys, I really need you help on this issue. I am getting a high idle about 1200 rpms after adjusting the screws on the tps. Everytime I set it back to around 650 rpms after the engine is warm, it goes back to 1200 rpms after I shut off the engine and turn it back on. So basically its like it resets my rpms higher even though I adjust the tps to match 650 rpms when the engine is warm. Thanks.

Hey guys, I really need you help on this issue. I am getting a high idle about 1200 rpms after adjusting the screws on the tps. Everytime I set it back to around 650 rpms after the engine is warm, it goes back to 1200 rpms after I shut off the engine and turn it back on. So basically its like it resets my rpms higher even though I adjust the tps to match 650 rpms when the engine is warm. Thanks.

see i am not shore exacly what your problem could be but i would ask you

is your check engine light on ? if so you might want to do the same thing i did

witch is: auto zone sells a code reader for 25-30 dollars for toyota but works good on lexus just plug it and read the code it will tell you exacly what is wrong with the car if the check engine light is on

hope this will work for you

on mines it did tell me the codes but there were 3 different ones

one the o2 sensor 2 the air flow meter 3 main oxigent sensor

but i just bought the air flow sensor and did not work it still idles high

tomorow i will work with the o2 sensor and the oxigent

good luck