Had To Replace Ps Pump And Alternator

914lps

As you may know I had to replace the power steering pump on my 91 LS. It was working, with no leaks, but was starting to sound like I had a jet engine under the hood from the very loud wining noise it was making.

Pump was to go in last week, but parts house sent the right box, with the right part number, but wrong pump inside. So I could not get a replacement pump until today.

Well over the weekend I thought I was detecting my alternator going out. Long story short, as we had to pull the power steering pump to replace it, we pulled the alternator and took it to a rebuilder. Guy was amazed it put out any power at all. It was so bad he could not fix it. Had to go with a store bought rebuild.

But at least I got to do it when I was pulling the PS pump any way.

Alternator was a rebuilt Toyota/Nippon brand $375.00 I did not know it, but I had a 130 amp unit!

Power steering is nice and quit now. Unit was from AutoZone 116.00 plus core charge

You would go with Autozone for pump? Does it have a lifetime warranty? I am in the market for one too, but have been looking at Maval. They have LF warranty, costs two hundred (plus core charge). They supply Lexus with their rebuilt pumps.

As you may know I had to replace the power steering pump on my 91 LS.  It was working, with no leaks, but was starting to sound like I had a jet engine under the hood from the very loud wining noise it was making.

Pump was to go in last week, but parts house sent the right box, with the right part number, but wrong pump inside.  So I could not get a replacement pump until today.

Well over the weekend I thought I was detecting my alternator going out.  Long story short, as we had to pull the power steering pump to replace it, we pulled the alternator and took it to a rebuilder.  Guy was amazed it put out any power at all.  It was so bad he could not fix it.  Had to go with a store bought rebuild.

But at least I got to do it when I was pulling the PS pump any way.

Alternator was a rebuilt Toyota/Nippon brand $375.00  I did not know it, but I had a 130 amp unit!

Power steering is nice and quit now.  Unit was from AutoZone 116.00 plus core charge

Pump has lifetime warnty. Looked like a good rebiuld to my shop that installed it. Unit does not show on AutoZones web site. Only in person at the store.

It is an Atsco company pump. They are located here in Arizona (4525 N 43rd Ave., Phoenix AZ 85031, (623)842-4047)

company web site is at : http://www.atscoproducts.com

It is down right now, but should be getting fixed?????