Lexus Dealership Not Installing Oem Part?

lexus082

Today I called the local lexus dealership and I asked them how much it would be to have the front lower control arm bushings replaced. Then they asked me if the bushings were a toyota part because they didn't think that toyota/lexus made replacement bushings for the front lower control arms. So I told them they were in fact toyota oem parts. Then I was told for safety reasons they wouldn't be able to install them. What I am trying to figure out is why would they make and sell the replacement bushings and then say that they wont install them b/c they are not safe and Lexus doesn't recommend it. My question again....then why even make the part??? They also told me that they were not equipped to change out the bushings. Is this just a load of bs so I buy a whole new arm for a ridiculous price. When you respond keep in mind the LCA arms only have approx 26,000 miles and the ball joints are in fine condition. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Today I called the local lexus dealership and I asked them how much it would be to have the front lower control arm bushings replaced.  Then they asked me if the bushings were a toyota part because they didn't think that toyota/lexus made replacement bushings for the front lower control arms.  So I told them they were in fact toyota oem parts.  Then I was told for safety reasons they wouldn't be able to install them.  What I am trying to figure out is why would they make and sell the replacement bushings and then say that they wont install them b/c they are not safe and Lexus doesn't recommend it.  My question again....then why even make the part???  They also told me that they were not equipped to change out the bushings.  Is this just a load of bs so I buy a whole new arm for a ridiculous price.  When you respond keep in mind the LCA arms only have approx 26,000 miles and the ball joints are in fine condition.  Thanks in advance for any insight!

I called the toyota dealer today and they said they would do it for $75 to replace all four front lower arm bushings.

I would say the dealer said what they said for one of three reasons

1. The guy did not know what he was talking about and gave you a bunch of BS

2. We live in a world of lawyers and law suites. They may have a policy of not installing parts, they did not supply, and this was thier way of handaling your call.

3. UPSELL!!!!!!!

I would say of the 3, most folks would think the dealer was going with # 3...

Don't let it bug you, just speak with your wallet, and take your business elswhere. If you do not know of a good independant shop in your area just try asking in a post.

I would say the dealer said what they said for one of three reasons

1. The guy did not know what he was talking about and gave you a bunch of BS

2. We live in a world of lawyers and law suites.  They may have a policy of not installing parts, they did not supply, and this was thier way of handaling your call.

3. UPSELL!!!!!!!

I would say of the 3, most folks would think the dealer was going with # 3...

Don't let it bug you, just speak with your wallet, and take your business elswhere.  If you do not know of a good independant shop in your area just try asking in a post.

Thanks. Yeah I pretty sure they would like to just sell me a new set of arms for a lot of money. But I do understand if you did have a high mileage control arm it wouldn't be wise to have new bushings put in due to the fact the ball joint will probably fail soon after. I always prefer going to the toyota dealer anyway verses the local lexus dealership.