Dvd Playback Disabled Even In Park?

Well my dad just picked up his 06 GS, and I wanted to watch a movie while messing around with some of the other functions of the car. When I insert a dvd, it will play the audio part of the dvd, but there video playback isn't there. Mind you, this is all when the car is parked. When I scroll through the menu to get to the video screen, the 'picture' button seems to be disabled.

Is there a way to unlock it, or what am I doing wrong?

Let me get this right: DVD playback is disabled from the factory even when the car is parked?

This goes the same for the language options? Modification to the car is required to access these functions?

I read the above thread, and since it's not my car, I'm not interested in hacking away at the car to get dvd playback for when the car is in motion. I'm just interested in accessing dvd playback when parked because it's mentioned in the manual.

Like I said, the function is disabled even in park.

make sure its in park AND the parking brake is engaged.

if that doesn't work, try a different DVD

and if that doesn't work tell your dad to take it to lexus because there is definately something wrong. let us know.