Pvc And Other Smart Maintenance Tips

akewlguy

Is the PVC filter a big deal?

Just changed the dirtiest air filter I have ever seen... What up with the K & M?

Where is the cabin air filter?

Mobil 1 for the first time at 100k?

Any other simple maintenance tips I should do on my 1993 LS400..

Located AC filters on aaawebcarparts.com. There are two 'brands', a DENSO (costs much more) and something called White Box (I wonder if this is a brand or a term for a generic part). The latter costs more originally than the DENSO, but is more deeply discounted (like 90%). Which one should I buy? Ideas? Am interested in quality. The formatting did not translate well, but I think you can figure out the info easily enough.

Lexus : 1994 : LS400 1990 - 1995 : Filters : Heater

2 Results Found.

(from aaawebcarparts.com)

There are several different brands for the product(s) you selected.

Most of the products will fit your vehicle. Choose based on price and or quality.

Note: Some items may require a specific size or location, so read the notes carefully.

Part Number Brand Description Per Vehicle

Qty On hand List Core Your Price

LEX083927 DENSO Fresh Air Filter 93-9/94 CABIN FILTER 1 Available 75.19 0.00 56.04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOY082520 WHITE BOX Fresh Air Filter

10/94-95

CABIN FILTER 1 Available 82.52 (original price) 14.00 (discounted price)

For the cabin air filter, check out post #3 in this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...abin+air+filter

LEXLS.com is an awesome website. I contributed a few bucks and plan on contributing more. The guy (or whoever) does an awesome job! The details are so simple and complete.

I decided to add the link to my website so I dont forget it once again.

Cheers to LexLS.com

The discounted price on the DENSO is 56, btw (in case it's not figure outable)

Located AC filters on aaawebcarparts.com.  There are two 'brands', a DENSO (costs much more) and something called White Box (I wonder if this is a brand or a term for a generic part).  The latter costs more originally than the DENSO, but is more deeply discounted (like 90%).  Which one should I buy? Ideas?  Am interested in quality.  The formatting did not translate well, but I think you can figure out the info easily enough.

Lexus : 1994 : LS400 1990 - 1995 : Filters : Heater

2 Results Found.

(from aaawebcarparts.com)

There are several different brands for the product(s) you selected.

Most of the products will fit your vehicle. Choose based on price and or quality.

Note: Some items may require a specific size or location, so read the notes carefully.

Part Number Brand Description Per Vehicle 

Qty On hand List Core Your Price 

LEX083927 DENSO Fresh Air Filter 93-9/94 CABIN FILTER 1 Available 75.19 0.00 56.04 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOY082520  WHITE BOX Fresh Air Filter

10/94-95

CABIN FILTER 1 Available 82.52 (original price) 14.00 (discounted price)

For the cabin air filter, check out post #3 in this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...abin+air+filter

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/emission/egrfilter.html

This link shows an engine that is different then my 93? I dont know where the egr filter is on my 93.. Does anyone have a picture or any tips?

50 bucks for the cabin air filter.. that sucks? Anyone put anything else in there (sponge or something)? I am going to spray something nice in there.. I just took mine out and it was DISGUSTING.. There is three front clips and then two hooks in the back (also disconnect the light in the back)..

The front end of this panel hung down a bit on the right... When I took it apart I saw the metal clips (go over plastic) just sitting there so now I am going to superglue them so panel will not hang.

This link shows an engine that is different then my 93? I dont know where the egr filter is on my 93
That's strange, is your engine an IUZ-FE? There is a label on the underside of the hood just behind the grill with engine type. It has a diagram showing the EGR-VM, while it's just a schematic, you should be able to locate it based on the markings.

That is, unless, a prior owner removed it. Don't know why but you never know.

YES, lexls.com is an awsome site.

Several months ago, I started looking for the EGR filter as described on the lexls.com website. As with akewlguy, my car is a 93 LS.

I agree that the engine layout as shown on the website is different from that on my 93. I could easily locate the EGR; however, the top is held on with screws. It does not pop off as the article describes. I removed the screws and took the top off. There was no filter inside.

I think that the information on the website indicating that this filter is present on the 93-94 models is wrong.

OK, I see what you mean. I didn't notice this before but there is a Series 1 and 2 in the Gen 1 ls400's and the engine layout is different.

Check out the differences between them here: http://www.lexls.com/info/lsgenerations.html. Unfortunately they don't have the resolution to give enough detail.

See the under the under-hood photos. Does your 93 have a label under the hood with the emissions schematic? Does it show the EGR-VM? Maybe its integrated or sealed in the G1S2s.