Aftermarket Navigation

OK.

No bites so far, how about if I change the question a bit...

I have read the threads about installing aftermarket radios and the problems you run into with directing the output through the stock amp. I have not read one that said they had any luck with good sound.

So, this Pioneer has RCA outputs for an external amp. What if you take this output and run it through the stock amp? Would the results be good, or is the actual issue another problem?

I don't think I'm really going to change my factory stereo (unless it dies), but I am a curious type.

Thanks

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the AVIC-d1 installed in my 1998 sc400 next week. i'll let you know how it goes.

OK.

No bites so far, how about if I change the question a bit...

I have read the threads about installing aftermarket radios and the problems you run into with directing the output through the stock amp.  I have not read one that said they had any luck with good sound.

So, this Pioneer has RCA outputs for an external amp.  What if you take this output and run it through the stock amp?  Would the results be good, or is the actual issue another problem?

I don't think I'm really going to change my factory stereo (unless it dies), but I am a curious type.

Thanks

Tom

I am using a Garmin StreetPilot C330. It mounts to the windshield just to the left of the instrument cluster in fills in that area quite nicely. It is very easy to use. I also carry it with me as I fly for a lot of business.

I thought about the indash, but portability was very important.

The best price is at www.bestpricegps.com

• 2 weeks later...