Rx330 Colors Availability

cyprian

I'm curious for those who have ordered or bought a RX330, what color ext/int combination did you get?

I've a Breakwater Blue/Light Gray on order. Most dealers I talked to told me Breakwater Blue is rare already, and they mostly come with ivory interior.

It also appears dealers are more flexible on discounts on certain colors over others. e.g. Those I talked to in the Northwest are willing to give me more dollars off the MSRP on Black, Flint Mica than on Bamboo Pearl or Breakwater Blue. I'm curious if people have had similar experiences in the rest of the country. Thanks.

Cyp

cyprian,

I was wanting a Silver with gray interior. I was told by the dealer that I was like the 19th person on a list waiting for gray interior. I ended up going with Silver with black interior and I am glad that I ended up with black now, I got it a lot quicker and like the way it looks. The salesman told me when they finally got the gray interior in the guy who was first on the list came in and looked at it and said I wished I got black now. The thing with the gray interior is that the dash and top half of the door is black and the seats, carpet, bottom half of the doors and dash is gray. It's a big contrast, I wasn't crazy about it after I saw it. If you end up with one hopefully you like it. You might want to see it first if you haven't already. The dealer also told me that Lexus has set production percentages on extrior and interior colors. Black, Flint Mica, Savannah and White were the most common, with Breakwater Blue, Silver as a couple of the least common. He also told me that gray interior was the least common but they were changing their production numbers in early June from something like 10% up to 35%, I can't remember the exact numbers but it was something in that range. So a Breakwater Blue with gray interior would be fairly uncommon and you might be waiting 3 months or more. As far as color discounts, the dealer said $750 off sticker, period, no negotiations, no matter what color, because I asked about color discounts. I'm in Ky and there are NO other dealers close and they are selling them off the lot as quick as they get them. Supply and demand not in my favor.

I live in the San Fran Bay Area and just got a Silver with Black interior. Around here that is a very popular color combination and is fairly easy to get. I got mine about $2,700 off the MSRP price. I figure with the Internet Bubble burst, folks around here are just not that willing to shell out much cash for luxury vehicles anymore, so I went in low and stood firm with my offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cyprian,

I was wondering if you can provide a link or a pic of your BreakWater Blue. I have never seen it in person, only on the brochure and the little internet picture. Can't decide on silver or breakwater blue. please help!

thanks!