Ml Rear Speaker Problem?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to tell if my rear speaker (’01 GS300 w/ML) is in good condition? It sounds like garble but not all the time. At low volume you cannot tell, but as the volume increases then you can clearly hear it. It started a couple of days ago.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to tell if my rear speaker (’01 GS300 w/ML) is in good condition? It sounds like garble but not all the time. At low volume you cannot tell, but as the volume increases then you can clearly hear it. It started a couple of days ago.

Thank you.

Hook up a test speaker and see if garble is still there, if it is amp is bad. If not speaker was bad.

<_<

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Hook up a test speaker and see if garble is still there, if it is amp is bad. If not speaker was bad.

<_<

Thanks Turbo, I thought about it, but then I figure that if the amp was bad all the speakers should sound the same. I am convinced that it is the rear speaker only. I guess I was trying to figure out why. If it sounds garbled does it mean that the speaker is blown? I do play music loud, but never loud enough, that it would cause the speaker to blow. The car is out of warranty (50K) and I do think the ML components should last longer. Anybody else had an issue with the rear speaker?

Herk

More than likely it is the rear speaker, however it's possible for one channel of an amp to go bad. <_< If it sounds garbled and it is from the speaker it means the speaker has been damaged and it will only get worse.

Can you suggest an easy way to test the amp? If it is the speaker do you know if I can get another from a different source?

Thanks again for your time.

More than likely it is the rear speaker, however it's possible for one channel of an amp to go bad. <_< If it sounds garbled and it is from the speaker it means the speaker has been damaged and it will only get worse.

Can you suggest an easy way to test the amp? If it is the speaker do you know if I can get another from a different source?

Thanks again for your time.

The easiest way is to remove the speaker and test it as I stated above. This way you can test the amp and the sub at once. Once the speaker is removed you can go about finding a new one. I'd need to know impedance and speaker size before making a recomendation. <_<