Information About Rx-330/400h

thedon3

I presently own an 04 GX-470. I have my mom living with me and it is getting tough for her to get in/out of the GX. I have a stool that I use but, she is having a hard time with it,. She is 87 years old. I am considering getting an RX-330 or 400H. She seems to get in/out with no problems, but, my work reuires me to be on call 24/7. the GX gets me back and forth to work with no problems. I live in the Northeast. I am not sure if the RX will do the same. Any words of help will be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks

Neither the RX nor HL have the kind of robust 4WD system your GX has. If you often rely on the AWD or even the 4WD capability of your GX then neither of these will provide satisfactory performance on adverse roadbed conditions.

I had to add 1.5" wheel spacers on my 2001 AWD RX300 so that tirechains could be used on the rear. But the RX and HL, as shipped, can use tirechains on the front ONLY, a patently unsafe, even hazardous, situation.

You might want to consider the new 2006 RAV4 as I am, it seems to have a more substantial 4WD system.

My mother is 85,short but not frail.It is diffilcult for her to get in or out of my rx330.I have to lift her in or out because of the high step. The problem is less than what my ford windstar was. In all fairness I believe any vehicle taller than a sedan would cause her problems.

As for traction, I have never gotten stuck in this suv. I have driven 50 miles in 9 inches of fresh snow using oem 18" tires up and down hills,and on ice covered lakes without chains. But I drive carefully,smoothly,and I dont take chances . Unless it's a real emergency (ie:low beer supply), I can wait for the plows to do their job. But I have no doubt that if I had to get somewhere I could!

Please dont believe every post on this site,as quite a few people have agendas to prove and dont mind stretching or dwelling on a point.You might want to raise your question on edmonds.com and clublexus.com for more opinions.

The RX330 will go anywhere your GX goes if you are staying on the road and not OFF-roading! Up here in Alaska we have tons of snow and my 330 never came close to stoping for anything!!

I presently own an 04 GX-470. I have my mom living with me and it is getting tough for her to get in/out of the GX. I have a stool that I use but, she is having a hard time with it,. She is 87 years old. I am considering getting an RX-330 or 400H. She seems to get in/out with no problems, but, my work reuires me to be on call 24/7. the GX gets me back and forth to work with no problems. I live in the Northeast. I am not sure if the RX will do the same. Any words of help will be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks

I have an 04 RX, and we are wanting to upsize to a GX or LX because with two kids now, it's getting tight on space.

Wanna swap?

Thanks

I have an 04 RX, and we are wanting to upsize to a GX or LX because with two kids now, it's getting tight on space.

Wanna swap?

That would be a great deal for you!