30k Service

Luvnlex

I just purchased a Certified 2001 ES 300 with 25,000 miles on it. Do I need to bring the car in for the 30k service? When a vehicle is "certified pre-owned", does Lexus change the oil and change all the fluids prior to sale, or do they just top them off? I've got the free oil change coming as part of the CPO...

http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/guides.php

For what the 30,000m service consists of I would do it at the house yourself.

That way you can drain the pan on the transmission & get it done.

If you're smart, you'll buy a transmission cooler from a junkyard, some hose clamps & a few feet of 5/16" fuel/oil hose. Add it after the stock cooler. Mount if with zipties if you need to. It's a $25-30 project that will cut the chance of early transmission failure more than 90%.

Do it while t's young, not when it has 150,000 miles on it & you start to get worried about it!

I just purchased a Certified 2001 ES 300 with 25,000 miles on it.  Do I need to bring the car in for the 30k service? When a vehicle is "certified pre-owned", does Lexus change the oil and change all the fluids prior to sale, or do they just top them off?  I've got the free oil change coming as part of the CPO...

No need!!! The service already done if that a Certified car - Check with your dealer to get the Certified service invoice.