Drivers Window Switch

Big Mike

Does anyone know if the Camry drivers window switch is compatible with Lexus. My driver window switch seems more loose than the rest and yesterday would not put the window back up. After a few minutes of pushing on it, it finally went up. I had to apply pressure and then pull back on the switch. From previous post i searched, some said this is a common problem and the plastic switch usually breaks. The auto up and down only works occasionally and with some pressure applied to the switch. I have located a 1999 Camry drivers door switch at a local salvage yard for $45. I can't not find a salvaged Lexus in this town. Also some previous postings stated that the plastic switch could be removed and cleaned and/or fixed. Does anyone know the compatibility of the switches and what year Camry. Also if anyone can provide any input or point me in the right direction for a fix or post with a walk through. I have a 1999 Coach Edition. Please help i'm afraid to put the window down fearing it will not go up again.

Glad to see you searched and found the answers you needed.

The camry buttons do not fit.

I had to find a unti from a Japanese car to source a button out of.

It meant taking apart my switch and reinstalling the rockers as it is for a right hand drive door.

I still prefered paying $50 and labour over 250 for a new one.

Thank for your response. I found a master switch for a RX on E-bay for a reasonable amount. No ES Switches out there at this time. From the picture the RX switch appears to be the exact same thing. Any chance of compatibility from RX to ES? I did not even bother contacting Lexus yet. It seems to worked fine today but I know it is broke and a matter of time before it breaks completely. Hopefuly the window is up!!!!! Does anyone know of a cheaper parts place on or off-line i could contact. I know the stealership will knock my head off.

I actually just found a few salvage yards on-line and they have pictures of several ES 300 for parts. I have sent an E-mail because I actually need a few different parts. Such Right Fog Light (condensation), Now a driver door master switch. I have Pearl Black emblems and am seeking chrome. If they can remove without damage I would like them. The RX switch on E-bay looks identical. Maybe I will ask the E-bay seller about compatibility. He probably tell you anything to make as sale though.