Brakes

lenore

Well finished my brake job. Installed the two front rotors (Brembo) and Alkebano ciramics. Went very smooth. Finally received the rears (ceramics) but noted that the anti squeel pads had notch tabs in the wrong place. I know the adheasive is supposed to locate the pads, but I trust the tabs over the edge of the ceramic brakes more so I filed a slot on the edge of the pad to match the squeel plates. Now I feel better about movement of the anti squeel plates. After that the brake jobs was easy. Lubed the pads as indicated, and also took the locating pins and lubed them with moly grease. Movement of the caliper was very free then. My 99RX must have a earlier version of caliper as I had no deficulty in pushing the piston back with a c clamp. The car definetly brakes nice now. Will see after the pads break in. Total cost for parts $250 with shipping from the Tirerack.com. Not bad for two rotors and two sets of pads.

• 1 year later...

Well finished my brake job. Installed the two front rotors (Brembo) and Alkebano ciramics. Went very smooth. Finally received the rears (ceramics) but noted that the anti squeel pads had notch tabs in the wrong place. I know the adheasive is supposed to locate the pads, but I trust the tabs over the edge of the ceramic brakes more so I filed a slot on the edge of the pad to match the squeel plates. Now I feel better about movement of the anti squeel plates. After that the brake jobs was easy. Lubed the pads as indicated, and also took the locating pins and lubed them with moly grease. Movement of the caliper was very free then. My 99RX must have a earlier version of caliper as I had no deficulty in pushing the piston back with a c clamp. The car definetly brakes nice now. Will see after the pads break in. Total cost for parts $250 with shipping from the Tirerack.com. Not bad for two rotors and two sets of pads.

Which rotors or selection codes did you buy? I don't see Brembo listed but there are quite a few types listed....

Which rotors or selection codes did you buy? I don't see Brembo listed but there are quite a few types listed....

Went to tirerack.com and selected the only rotors front (Brembo brand) the rear is particular to whether you have AWD or FWD.