A/c On 91 Ls

I thought I was low on R12 - Not the case

A/C shop says that compressor is turning but not working

Is this possible?

I thought compressor either ran or didn't. They want $1100.00 for after market rebuilt compressor, dryer, hose, evaporator and conversion fittings for R134.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

I bought compressor with the dryer on ebay and paid $300 same like those guys asking $1100 for it and I have it more than 4 months and everything is perfect.Only new r134 is not better than old system but now everybody converts and nobody carry old r12 anymore.

Still cold like ice.

For anyone with a working r12 system like mine. I'm a hair low on r 12. But in winter the price of the sstuff on ebay drops. But stay away from anything like "freeze" 12 or anything claiming it works with both r12 and r1345.

I also have to other older cars converted from r12 to 134. All I did was change vacum down the system, and put 134 fittings on. Remember once you convert use about 20% less 134 then r12. If you do 100% of 134 for r12 your system will not cool as well.

Find someone else to check it out. Looks like they're trying to take you to the cleaners! :pirate:

Also do a search on AC compressor and you'll find a lot of info from folks that have gone before you and dealt with these issues. ;)